We understand trying out a new church can be very intimidating. Our desire is for your visit, at Canvas Church, to be relaxing and enjoyable. Something to look forward to. So, we answered a few questions we thought you might be asking in order to take some of the guesswork and anxiety out of your visit.
What To Expect:
- There is no dress code so don’t worry about getting all dressed up.
- Friendly people who remember what it feels like to be a guest.
- Good coffee.
- If you have kids, they are going to be safe, have fun, and learn about Jesus. Our kids’ volunteers not only love kids they have also been background checked and well trained.
- Our band will lead us in singing a few songs…feel free to sing along if you would like to.
- There will be a 30-40 minute thought provoking and practical Bible-based teaching.
- If you have kids, show up a few minutes early, check them in at one of our Kiosks and one of our volunteers can show you where their class is.
- If you have questions one of our volunteers wearing an “I Can Help” lanyard, can help.
- You are welcome to grab a cup of coffee and bring it into the auditorium with you.
At Canvas Church we understand that every organization has a culture. The culture is either set intentionally or accidentally. Below are ten statements of the kind of culture we are intentionally creating as a church.
What To Expect:
- We are a safe place for people to discover and follow Jesus. All people matter to God, so they must matter to us.
- We will give up things we love for things we love even more.
- We will allow ourselves to be challenged by truth.
- We will serve our community with no strings attached.
- We will make much of Jesus and His saving work on the cross.
- We are contributors, not consumers. The church does not exist for us. We are the church and we exist for the world.
- We will take risks, try new things, and learn as we go.
- We will lead the way with irrational generosity.
- We will do anything short of sin to reach people who don’t know Christ.
- We will align our lives with the character of Jesus.